This page has moved to a new address.

Lingering Love

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Lingering Love

A post I read a couple of days got me thinking about blog linkys.  It got me thinking about the good and the not so good of them. It made me second guess whether I want to play along anymore.
 
I love the new blogs that I find via linkys. I love that they expose me to blogs that I normally wouldn't read. I love that they bring new readers to Musings of the Misguided.  The little community they can create is great as well. It can sometimes feel like you have your own little clique when you find the kind of linky that just 'fits'.
 
I've found and kept reading some great bloggers through linkys.  I keep reading those blogs through social media. It's easier to see a glimpse into a person's life when you read more than a few words strung together on a blog post.  A blog post can be a window into a life, it's up to the blogger how far open the curtains are.
 
The blog post that got me thinking, made a comment about how linkys make people comment just for the sake of commenting.  Linkys have rules. It would descend into chaos if it didn't.  It does make me uncomfortable though that something someone writes, that could be heart on the page material for them is being commented on people who are 'just following the rules'.
 
How many of us go back after reading a post that a person wrote, reaching out for help, to see how that blogger is traveling? I know I'm guilty of doing the comment and dash, none of us a perfect.  I really hate that a person could feel the 'love' of multiple commentors and then the echoing silence of people going back to their lives. Rules met.
 
I hate saying things for the sake of saying things. I don't like 'blowing smoke up your arse'.  If I am going to say something, I am going to mean it, it's not going to be fluffy.  I am so thankful for those who have stuck around. I have loved getting to know you all and I hope the feeling is mutual.
 
If you are a blogger to link up to linky parties? Do you love them or loathe them? 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home