This page has moved to a new address.

Journey of Perfection

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Journey of Perfection

Laying in bed one night I had an epiphany. All of my best thinking seems to be done in bed at night.  Much to my desire to sleep's disgust.  I have taken to writing my thoughts down in a notebook or typing them into the notes section on my Iphone.  It certainly makes for better sleep and I remember my awesome ideas the next morning. 
 
Every night when I go to bed, I have plans to conquer the world the next day.  Suffice to say that I am definitely a night owl and am at my best and horribly worst in the late hours of the night.  I do my best writing and thinking after 10pm.  It's not always positive and it's not always productive.  Which is why I feel the need to write things down.  I need to get them out of my head.
 
The epiphany I had laying in bed one night was about perfection.  Perfection is something I think about a lot.  It's a source of guilt for me, as I am sure it is for a lot of people.  Always striving for that elusive perfection.  Then I got to thinking, when you get to the state of perfection..what then?  What comes when you reach the peak?
 
Then it hit me. We shouldn't be striving for perfection, we should be striving to learn from our journey. Perfection means that we have reached our destination, we stop moving.  Imagine going through life and not learning because well you think you have learnt all there is to learn.  Reaching perfection means that we don't feel the need to strive anymore.  It is kind of an anti climax.  Perfection is never really what we envision it to be. 
 
I hope that I never reach perfection. That I am never to the point where I feel there is nothing new to learn.  I hope that I will always be hungry for new knowledge. I hope that I will always be asking questions, looking for the information to satisfy the desire to learn.  I hope that it is something that we don't lose as each generation passes.  With so much at our fingertips now, I hope that it's not taken for granted. 
 
When are you at your best? Do you feel the hunger to continue to learn?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home