This page has moved to a new address.

It's Party Time.

Tuesday 29 May 2012

It's Party Time.

It's Dyllan's 3rd birthday on the 19th of July and this year I have decided to throw him a party this year.  I am going with a 'Construction' theme and have been scouring Ebay looking for fun stuff to decorate my house with.  My Aunty said that I am going to too much trouble for his birthday and it got me thinking about the trouble that people really do go to, to celebrate their kids birthdays.

This woman in the UK spent a staggering $32,000 on her daughter's sixth birthday party.  $32,000! I think that is 'out there' for a wedding so I was gobsmacked to find a mother had spent it on ONE birthday party.

The Birthday Girl's Nine Tier Cake that set the parents back $2,100

This is such a common practice that there has been a show created that showcases some of the most extravagant kids birthday parties.  

This article makes me a little sad.  Is our generation so stupid that people are making great profit from showing people how to have a tradition birthday party.  People have forgotten how to play party games? I think we have just gotten so caught up on 'Keeping up with the Jonses' that we have forgotten how to just relax and have fun.  I've told Dyllan that he is having a 'truck' party and he is over the moon.  I think we forget that it's the simple things that make the kids happy.

Dyllan's 1st Birthday Party.  Cost me all of about $100 and everyone had a ball!


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 29 August 2012 at 20:32 , Anonymous Vivian Pitschlitz said...

I agree wholeheartedly having been a single Mom with 3 daughters having enough to eat was a challenge.  This wastefullness seems obscene.  

 

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home