This page has moved to a new address.

FLYing

Thursday 31 May 2012

FLYing


This week I was told about FLYlady and her shining sink philosophy.  I have to admit I was sceptical at first.  How can having a shiny sink help anything or anyone.  I have been surprised.  Pleasantly.

So what exactly is the point of this you ask? The website states

Are YOU living in CHAOS (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome) like Franny in the pink sweats? Do you feel overwhelmed, overextended, and overdrawn? Hopeless and you don’t know where to start? Don’t worry friend, we’ve been there, too.

Step through the door and follow FlyLady as she weaves her way through housecleaning and organizing tips with homespun humor, daily musings about life and love, the Sidetracked Home Executives (SHE) system, and anything else that is on her mind.

I'm on Day 3 and I have to say I am feeling much more positive about the space I am in.  I am feeling motivated and am actually getting things done.  My house still looks like a bomb site mostly BUT it's getting cleaned properly bit by bit along with general upkeep.  

Another question. What exactly does having a shiny sink have to do with all of this.  It's simple.


This is your first household chore. Many of you can’t understand why I want you to empty your sink of your dirty dishes and clean and shine it when there is so much more to do. It is so simple; I want you to have a sense of accomplishment! You have struggled for years with a cluttered home and you are so beaten down. I just want to put a smile on your face. When you get up the next morning, your sink will greet you, and a smile will come across your lovely face. I can’t be there to give you a big hug, but I know how good it feels to see yourself in your kitchen sink. So each morning, this is my gift to you. Even though I can’t be there to pat you on the back, I want you to know that I am very proud of you.
Go shine your sink!
- FlyLady
(Taken from FLYlady)

Coming out the last few mornings to a beautiful clean kitchen has been great. It's put a surprising spring in my step.  

My next stop? Decluttering.

This is one of my worst 'hot spots'. It's time to change that.  Dyllan and I rarely eat dinner at the table.  Something that also needs to change.  I think that because I haven't 'needed' to keep this space clear then it's been able to build up to this level.  

I just have no idea where to put all the shit.....

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1 June 2012 at 00:02 , Anonymous @ngie said...

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I can help you on Saturday!!!! XD

 
At 1 June 2012 at 08:18 , Anonymous princessjo said...

I have tried that system. For me, the repetitiveness really bothered me - I don't do well with repetitive tasks. Like cleaning. lol. There are a lot of good things about the Fly Lady system though - and it really suited hubby. At the moment - we are embracing the Saturday clean - basically because it is the one time we are all home at once, so none of us feel like we are doing more than the others! :D That being said, I often fail epically during the week - there is a washing pile from hell on the bedroom floor at the moment, for example. Ha, but I am much better than I was years ago - I can almost handle having someone turn up unannounced now and the worst chaos is usually contained to our bedroom now! :D 

 

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback so please show some comment love

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home